Cameron at the beach (ignore the date on the photo)

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beach Weekend

Cameron's mom here to tell you all about our beach weekend. I have to start by bragging on my little boy because he did so good staying in a hotel for the first time and for his first trip to the beach. Here is a recap of our weekend. It will be a little long probably so sit tight and bear with me:

Friday: We started our weekend by packing and getting ready while babysitting. We left our house around 3:30 p.m.(with a full car load including me, my husband, our daughter, Cameron, and luggage) and arrived at our hotel (The Landmark) about 7:15 p.m. It usually does not take us this long to get down to the beach from our house, but we took a detour. Oh well, at least we made it down there in one piece. We checked in to our room and finished settling in and then we decided to explore the hotel and see what there was for all of us to get in to. My mother and father-in-law were already there waiting for us. We went down to the indoor pool area and sat there watching my husband and other people swim until the pool closed at 11:00 p.m.

Cameron in our room that night


We started off the day by taking a stroll on the beach early in the morning. Cameron and I sat with my mother-in-law in the dining room while she ate her breakfast. Cameron received a lot of compliments from the other guests because he was being so good laying under the table just like he is supposed to. He was very calm. We went back up to our room for a little bit, changed and went back to the pool for a couple of hours. After the nice swim and relaxing hot tub, we all decided it was nap time. We slept for a couple of hours then decided to go to the mall that was nearby and shop for a little bit. After shopping, we went out to eat at Golden Corral. Man that was good food and plenty of it! Back to the pool...again! Cameron went with us for a little bit until my husband took him back to the room so we could swim together and my father-in-law took Dixie back to their room. She was getting very sleepy in the warm pool. Dixie cried a little from being changed and Cameron could hear her next door and started barking. He knew that was his baby and he didn't like to hear her cry! He quit barking when he was told to and settled down until we got back to the room. Saturday was very busy and we were ready to go to bed when we did.


Today we have to go home. It is not only the end of the weekend, but also my husband's birthday (well it's actually the 29th but there is no 29th this year). We went out this morning to feed the birds before we had to leave. Cameron and my husband got to run down the beach for a little bit and burn off some of that energy. We finished that and then got all of our stuff packed and in the cars and left the hotel on our 3-hour journey home. Of course we had to stop and get gas and then stop a little later to get something to eat. We got home around 3:30, stayed for about 45 minutes or so and then had to leave again so we could go meet Anne, Legion's mom, and switch dogs for puppy camp. We did a little bit of shopping and then visited my parents for a little bit.

Yes, this was a very busy weekend! We are tired! We had a great time, though. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, every single time we rode in an elevator, Cameron would go to the back wall to see if he could see out. One elevator had glass walls so you could see outside the hotel as you went up and down. Cameron loved to watch the cars go by on the highway as we rode in the elevator. I am very proud of him and how well-behaved he was. He is starting to calm down.

Now, I hope that didn't bore you to death. We all had a great weekend and now Cameron is on puppy swap for a week. I know he is having fun at Anne's house.

More pictures will be posted in the next post. There are a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip, glad you guys enjoyed it!
    Have fun at puppy camp Cameron!