Cameron at the beach (ignore the date on the photo)

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow I cannot believe that it is 2010 already. Where has the time gone?

I am growing so fast. I am going to turn 6 months old on the 5th and that means that I get to graduate from the regular collar (nylon) to a training collar (choke chain). It is really not as bad as it sounds. My mom has already fitted me for one and I really don't mind it. The training collar doesn't hurt. When all puppies in this guide dog program turn 6 months old, they get the training collars. The training collars are only used when we are working and it helps the handlers have more control as we grow and develop those big muscles.

6 months of age for some of us means that we will be getting a spay/neuter letter in the mail and that means we are not breeder evaluates. We don't know yet if I am one or not so we will have to wait and see if my mom gets a letter in the mail. The raisers and Area Coordinators are not told which puppies are evaluates or not so you never know until you either get the letter or not. Surprise, Surprise. Pretty much all Lab litters now are breeder evaluates because they are used so much. Goldadors have been reintroduced into the breeding program so some of them are now breeder evals. The school does not use Collies, Australian Shepherds, and Vizslas as often as the Labs and Goldadors so there are select few litters that are being evaulated. We just have to wait and see if it will be me.

Another thing I wanted to mention was that I will be going on a 2 1/2 week puppy swap starting next Saturday (Jan 9th- Jan 28th), so I will be gone for a little while, but a good friend of mine, Riley-Jack, will be blogging in my place for that time. (See previous post for a picture). I get to go to my other friends house, Riley-Jack's brother Legion. What fun that will be! I am so excited to get to stay with them and am looking forward to the wonderful exposures and adventures they will take me on.

Here are a few pictures of me so that you may see how much I have grown in the short month I did not blog.



Me under the Christmas tree with Magic the cat.


Me and Bristol together. I am almost as big as her now.






Puppy Kisses to all,
Cameron

2 comments:

  1. You are getting so big and handsome! Keep up the amazing work in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron, you are getting so big.
    You are like twice the size since the last time I saw you!!

    But you are still as cute as can be:)

    Toby's Trainer
    SEGDI Raiser

    ReplyDelete