Cameron at the beach (ignore the date on the photo)

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Little Bird Told Me...

That Cameron is doing great with the puppy raiser he is with while Spunky AKA Spunkmeister/Spunky Monkey is at our house. I have been told that he is working beautifully in his harness and that he gets LOTS of attention at church and in the classroom that the raiser teaches in. She has also informed of his wonderful house manners. I am pleased with all of this good news about Cameron! That has made me a proud puppy raiser mom hearing all of these complements on my pup! What more could I ask for? She loves him and is enjoying his company. C

Cameron will be returning in a couple of weeks to spend his final week in our home before he returns to Southeastern Guide Dogs. Spunky will leave our house when Cameron returns to stay with the raiser in VA (where Cameron is) and then go back to his primary raiser for a few days before coming back here to make the long journey down to Florida. Sounds complicated, I know, but it really is not. We are just playing puppy shuffle.

On the subject of Spunky,
He is doing good. He is a very sweet, young boy and he is pretty gentle for the most part. He is loving his daily run in the yard (several times a day) with my other two dogs. I think that is his favorite part of being here...just being a dog at home. He works nicely in harness and he has recently done a presentation with our AC for school children. He did great! I am also very pleased with him.

I love all of the dogs no matter who they are or where they come from. That is all I have for you right now. Will blog again later.

Bye for now,
Cameron's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment